For specialists in El Paso, roofing products and services of the highest quality are of outmost importance, especially since this area is known for being arid and windy, as well as having several seasonal monsoonal thunderstorms. These products make roofing El Paso homes a breeze.
The climate of El Paso
Those who have been to El Paso know that it is one of the shiniest cities in Texas, rightfully called “the Sun City”. Its summer are hot, its winter are dry. In spring, El Paso has to deal with some pretty upsetting sand and dust storms, caused by high wind storms. During summer this city is transitioned by the North American Monsoon, which is why El Paso often experiences severe thunderstorms, which may sometime lead to hail or flooding. Winters are usually less problematic, with some mild snowing, although El Paso’s variable climate can also bring forth unexpected cold waves, causing the region to become full of surprises for its inhabitants.
Tips to help create a more solid home against storms and strong winds
Seeing as El Paso homes need a solid roof structure to withstand whatever comes their way, here are a few tips on how to make sure your home will brilliantly pass the tests of the weather:
- Make sure your home has a roof with multiple slopes – rather than focusing on the classical gable roof, which is cheap yet not as durable and wind resistant, pick a hip roof, with four slopes, usually angled at about 30 degrees;
- A home which was built respecting a square floor plan, or one who follows a hexagonal or an octagonal plan, have a better chance to sustain high winds and storms than a home which follows the classical pattern;
- To avoid your roof being blown off during a thunderstorm with strong winds, make sure your roof is strongly connected to the walls of the home and avoid at all cost a stapled roof;
- Make sure the home has a sturdy and well-designed structure and their walls are properly connected together with the foundation. If you feel that your home may be lacking in this area, spare no expense to strengthen the home connections you already have – it is best to spend some money with reinforcing a building than spend a fortune rebuilding it from scratch;
- Try some aerodynamic features for your home roof;
- Roof overhangs must not surpass 20 inches in length, otherwise they could be affected by high winds, damaging the roof;
- Installing a grid horizontally, alongside the gutters and surrounding the entire home can also be helpful in reducing the damaged caused by high wind storms;
- In order to avoid damaged caused by flooding caused by the monsoon in El Paso, it is recommended that the home should be placed on top of an elevated structure or have an open foundation.
However, in order for these tips to be successful, one must keep in mind that quality El Paso roofing products, which will complement the structure of the home and increase its durability, are mandatory for your home to stay strong against extreme weather conditions.
Check out this San Antonio Roofing website.